- Only the truly passionate need apply.
We all share a common vision of knowledgeable, empowered employees who are passionate about helping members achieve their financial dreams. This is our dream, and it is consistent with our mission of delivering valued banking solutions.
Recently named as Credit Union National Association's Community Credit Union of the Year and one of the "Best Places to Work in Mississippi," we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including 401K, group health and dental insurance, and a generous PTO plan; an in-depth orientation and training program; an innovative professional development program that empowers our employees to chart their career paths and salaries by completing educational online courses; and an inspiring environment that is as rewarding as it is demanding, taking every opportunity to celebrate success. We are proud that our employees are passionate about helping our members, and the result is a high energy, dedicated sales-oriented team that enjoys what they do. This is very important to us: We want employees to have fun at work and be fulfilled in their efforts to help members. If you believe that you could be equally passionate and committed to helping us fulfill our vision and achieve our goals, we'd like to talk to you.
Here are five great reasons why you can't wait to apply because this is exactly where you want to be:
- You love people and are passionate about helping them.
- You are a positive thinker with enthusiasm, energy, and a desire to be the best you can be.
- You find change exciting and motivating.
- You love learning new things.
- You like working with people who think outside the box and are continually raising the bar.
Five great reasons why this is NOT where you want to be and you probably shouldn't apply:
- You don't like talking to people you don't know.
- You don't like people period.
- You find change frightening.
- You get frustrated when trying to learn new things.
- You'd rather keep a low profile and slide in just under the bar.
- Current Openings
Payment Solution Specialist
Proactively correspond with members to perform collection activities and determine solutions for delinquent accounts ensuring compliance with collection laws, rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform collection activities for delinquent consumer and real estate loans to resolve delinquency issues.
- Ensure all conversations (written and verbal) are properly documented on Core System and Collections Software.
- Assist members with reaffirmations and workout agreements.
- Process loan applications for extensions, workouts and refer to management for approval.
- Serve as liaison between attorneys handling repossessions, bankruptcies and foreclosures, prepare files and attend court hearings.
- Utilize skip tracing resources.
- Monitor and recommend collection/charge off of delinquent accounts.
- Provide basic financial counseling to members.
- Assist members with Collateral Protection Insurance claims.
- Assist members with Credit Life and Credit Disability claims.
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in credit bureau disputes.
- Assist in preparing and updating written procedures within area of responsibility.
- Assist in preparing monthly collection reports.
Minimum Required Experience
At least one year prior collections experience required.
Please read the attached notices for important information when applying for employment with Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union.