- Only the truly passionate need apply.
We all share a common vision of knowledgeable, empowered employees who are passionate about helping members achieve their financial dreams. This is our dream, and it is consistent with our mission of delivering valued banking solutions.
Recently named as Credit Union National Association's Community Credit Union of the Year and one of the "Best Places to Work in Mississippi," we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including 401K, group health and dental insurance, and a generous PTO plan; an in-depth orientation and training program; an innovative professional development program that empowers our employees to chart their career paths and salaries by completing educational online courses; and an inspiring environment that is as rewarding as it is demanding, taking every opportunity to celebrate success. We are proud that our employees are passionate about helping our members, and the result is a high energy, dedicated sales-oriented team that enjoys what they do. This is very important to us: We want employees to have fun at work and be fulfilled in their efforts to help members. If you believe that you could be equally passionate and committed to helping us fulfill our vision and achieve our goals, we'd like to talk to you.
Here are five great reasons why you can't wait to apply because this is exactly where you want to be:
- You love people and are passionate about helping them.
- You are a positive thinker with enthusiasm, energy, and a desire to be the best you can be.
- You find change exciting and motivating.
- You love learning new things.
- You like working with people who think outside the box and are continually raising the bar.
Five great reasons why this is NOT where you want to be and you probably shouldn't apply:
- You don't like talking to people you don't know.
- You don't like people period.
- You find change frightening.
- You get frustrated when trying to learn new things.
- You'd rather keep a low profile and slide in just under the bar.
- Current Openings
Mortgage Loan Originator
Originate in-house and secondary market real estate loans in compliance with investor requirements and all state and federal laws and regulations. Proactively solicit new mortgage loan business while promoting Gulf Coast Community FCU products and services to existing and potential members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop mortgage loan business through internal or external sources
- Interview mortgage loan applicants and assist in the application process
- Maintain contact with loan applicant to communicate progress of the application and gather documentation as needed
- Complete mortgage loan applications for submission to processing and underwriting
- Evaluate loan requests and analyze financial data to determine qualification of collateral and loan applicant credit history
- Effectively and clearly communicate with a variety of audiences
- Prepare mortgage loan files for underwriting and closing
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations, including Bank Secrecy Act, HMDA and Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Consistently achieve production goals
- Refer Credit Union products and services appropriately
- Demonstrate understanding of mortgage loan processing, underwriting and closing procedures
- Ability to keep abreast of changing policies and procedures
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional, Construction and In-house mortgage loans in accordance with FHLMC and secondary market rules and regulations
- Assist within the department as directed by management
- Minimum of three years' experience in the mortgage industry, with at least one year as Mortgage Loan Originator
- Must be able to meet Safe Act Mortgage Loan Originator registration requirements at all times
- Safe Act registration and acquisition of NMLS number within 10 business days of employment with GCCFCU
Please read the attached notices for important information when applying for employment with Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union.
"Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement and/or Account shall be settled by binding arbitration. The arbitrator shall determine the prevailing party, and the costs and expenses of the arbitration proceeding, including the arbitrator's fees, shall be borne by the non-prevailing party, unless otherwise required by law. Any and all arbitration under this contract will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY AND TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. I, the undersigned, of my own free will and without duress, agree in connection with my employment with the Credit Union to submit to alcohol/drug testing."