- Only the truly passionate need apply.
We all share a common vision of knowledgeable, empowered employees who are passionate about helping members achieve their financial dreams. This is our dream, and it is consistent with our mission of delivering valued banking solutions.
Recently named as Credit Union National Association's Community Credit Union of the Year and one of the "Best Places to Work in Mississippi," we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including 401K, group health and dental insurance, and a generous PTO plan; an in-depth orientation and training program; an innovative professional development program that empowers our employees to chart their career paths and salaries by completing educational online courses; and an inspiring environment that is as rewarding as it is demanding, taking every opportunity to celebrate success. We are proud that our employees are passionate about helping our members, and the result is a high energy, dedicated sales-oriented team that enjoys what they do. This is very important to us: We want employees to have fun at work and be fulfilled in their efforts to help members. If you believe that you could be equally passionate and committed to helping us fulfill our vision and achieve our goals, we'd like to talk to you.
Here are five great reasons why you can't wait to apply because this is exactly where you want to be:
- You love people and are passionate about helping them.
- You are a positive thinker with enthusiasm, energy, and a desire to be the best you can be.
- You find change exciting and motivating.
- You love learning new things.
- You like working with people who think outside the box and are continually raising the bar.
Five great reasons why this is NOT where you want to be and you probably shouldn't apply:
- You don't like talking to people you don't know.
- You don't like people period.
- You find change frightening.
- You get frustrated when trying to learning new things.
- You'd rather keep a low profile and slide in just under the bar.
- Current Openings
Perform specialized and day to day accounting activities to ensure accuracy and efficiency of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process and reconcile ACH Debits and Credits
- Process loan entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Maintain subsidiary records including payables, receivables, depreciation, pre-paids and accruals
- Process member payrolls and resolve issues and exceptions
- Manage and reconcile money order supply
- Research and resolve member and staff issues in a timely manner
- Process ACH origination
- Process IRS backup withholding notices and payment processing
- Balance cash accounts daily including verification of wire transfers
- Process accounts payable and resolve any vendor issues
- Assist in reconciling fixed asset and prepaid accounts
- Process staff and officials employee expense reports
- Assist in processing investment accrual transactions
- Assist in improving departmental operating processes and procedures
- Update and maintain policies and procedures within Accounting Department
- Cross train within department to perform backup to other positions
- Proficiently utilize Microsoft Office products to complete daily tasks
Minimum Required Experience
Prior banking/credit union experience required
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience in related field
Please read the attached notices for important information when applying for employment with Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union.