- Only the truly passionate need apply.
We all share a common vision of knowledgeable, empowered employees who are passionate about helping members achieve their financial dreams. This is our dream, and it is consistent with our mission of delivering valued banking solutions.
Recently named as Credit Union National Association's Community Credit Union of the Year and one of the "Best Places to Work in Mississippi," we offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including 401K, group health and dental insurance, and a generous PTO plan; an in-depth orientation and training program; an innovative professional development program that empowers our employees to chart their career paths and salaries by completing educational online courses; and an inspiring environment that is as rewarding as it is demanding, taking every opportunity to celebrate success. We are proud that our employees are passionate about helping our members, and the result is a high energy, dedicated sales-oriented team that enjoys what they do. This is very important to us: We want employees to have fun at work and be fulfilled in their efforts to help members. If you believe that you could be equally passionate and committed to helping us fulfill our vision and achieve our goals, we'd like to talk to you.
Here are five great reasons why you can't wait to apply because this is exactly where you want to be:
- You love people and are passionate about helping them.
- You are a positive thinker with enthusiasm, energy, and a desire to be the best you can be.
- You find change exciting and motivating.
- You love learning new things.
- You like working with people who think outside the box and are continually raising the bar.
Five great reasons why this is NOT where you want to be and you probably shouldn't apply:
- You don't like talking to people you don't know.
- You don't like people period.
- You find change frightening.
- You get frustrated when trying to learn new things.
- You'd rather keep a low profile and slide in just under the bar.
- Current Openings
Our Loan Officers understand that "bad things happen to good people" and are empowered to think outside the box in order to help our members fulfill their financial dreams. Our Loan Officers establish relationships and build rapport, while delivering valued banking solutions that improve our members’ financial well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify members' loans and savings needs and provide solutions
- Articulate to members the benefits and features of Credit Union products and services
- Establish new member accounts and relationships
- Accurately process loan and deposit documents in accordance with underwriting guidelines
- Articulate interest calculations on deposit and loan products
- Interview loan applicants and process application to completion
- Promote and demonstrate electronic services
- Assist members with credit analysis and basic budgeting issues
- Identify mortgage loan referrals and refer to Mortgage Department
- Demonstrate financial planning skills
- Cultivate teamwork with supporting staff for referrals
- Consistently achieve individual loan and deposit goals as set forth by management
- Generate sales by initiating leads identified by using database or other non-lobby traffic resources
- Proactively follow up on additional sales opportunities
- Coach and mentor supporting staff to refer business
- Proactively report on business development activities
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of lending policies, regulations and processes
- Analyze members' financial situations and provide the appropriate solution by advising members as to the appropriate loan product for them
- Adhere to applicable lending regulations and credit union policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate with members and prospective members the philosophy, purpose, objectives and policies as they relate to the services of the credit union
- Offers financial counseling and assistance in helping members restructure their finances while enhancing credit union profitability
- Completes all documents related to loan/deposit products accurately
- Exercise professionalism and good judgment in dealing with members and coworkers
Minimum Required Experience
Prior banking/credit union experience and/or sales experience highly preferred.
Please read the attached notices for important information when applying for employment with Gulf Coast Community Federal Credit Union.
"Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement and/or Account shall be settled by binding arbitration. The arbitrator shall determine the prevailing party, and the costs and expenses of the arbitration proceeding, including the arbitrator's fees, shall be borne by the non-prevailing party, unless otherwise required by law. Any and all arbitration under this contract will take place on an individual basis; class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY AND TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. I, the undersigned, of my own free will and without duress, agree in connection with my employment with the Credit Union to submit to alcohol/drug testing."