Free Kasasa® checking lets you earn really high dividends — up to 1.50% APY — plus up to $10 a month in refunds on ATM fees nationwide.* There's no monthly service fee, and no minimum balance requirements. No kidding.
Want to give your money even more momentum? Link your free Kasasa checking account to Kasasa Saver®, and your cash rewards will transfer to savings automatically.
- 1.50% APY* on balances up to $25,000
- 1.50% to 0.25% APY on balances over $25,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide (up to $10 monthly)*
- Can link to high dividend free Kasasa Saver account
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Unlimited check writing with no per check fees
- Direct deposit available
- Free online banking & bill pay**
- Free mobile banking
- Free eStatements
- Free telephone banking
- Free Visa® debit card
- $100 minimum deposit to open
Earning Rewards Is Easy:
To earn your rewards, simply do the following activities and transactions in your Kasasa Cash account each monthly qualification cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Have at least 1 automatic payment (ACH) or direct deposit post and settle
If you don't qualify for your rewards for the month, don't worry. Your account's still free, you'll still earn our base rate of 0.05% APY*, and you can get right back to earning the really high rate the next qualification cycle!
Please note that you must enroll in and receive eStatements to have this account.
- Qualification Cycle
Below are the current qualification cycle dates:
- November 30, 2021 to December 30, 2021
- December 31, 2021 to January 30 2022
- January 31, 2022 to February 27, 2022
- February 28, 2022 to March 30, 2022
- March 31, 2022 to April 28, 2022
- April 29, 2022 to May 30, 2022
- May 31, 2022 to June 29, 2022
- June 30 2022 to July 28, 2022
- July 29, 2022 to August 30, 2022
- August 31, 2022 to September 29, 2022
- September 30, 2022 to October 30, 2022
- October 31, 2022 to November 29, 2022
- November 30, 2022 to December 29, 2022
Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the account's rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by our credit union as ATM transactions, non-retail payment transactions and purchases made with debit card not issued by our credit union. Transactions bundled together by merchants and received by our institution as a single transaction count as a single transaction for the purpose of earning account rewards.
"Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning with the last business day of the prior calendar month and ending with the day before the last business day of the current calendar month. See our website or contact one of our branch service representatives for specific Monthly Qualification Cycle dates.
"Banking Day" means any day on which an office of the credit union is open to the public for the purpose of carrying out substantially all its banking functions or for processing.
"Business Day" means a calendar day other than a Saturday or a Sunday, January 1, the third Monday in January, the third Monday in February, the last Monday in May, July 4, the first Monday in September, the second Monday in October, November 11, the fourth Thursday in November, or December 25. If January 1, July 4, November 11, or December 25 falls on a Saturday, the previous Friday is not a Business Day. If January 1, July 4, November 11, or December 25 falls on a Sunday, the next Monday is not a Business Day.
"Statement Cycle" means the period of time for which our credit union provides a summary of the financial activities and transactions that post and settle to the accountholder's account. Statement Cycles coincide with each calendar month.
Depending on what Kasasa account you have, you will receive the following rewards when you meet your account's qualifications during a Monthly Qualification Cycle:
Kasasa Cash: average daily balances up to and including $25,000 receive an APY of 1.50%; and average daily balances over $25,000 earn a dividend rate of 0.25% on the portion of the average daily balance over $25,000 resulting in a range from 1.50% to 0.25% APY depending on the account's average daily balance.
Kasasa Cash Back: you will receive 3.00% cash back on up to a total of $300 debit card purchases that post and settle to the account during that cycle period. A maximum of $9 cash back payments may be earned per Monthly Qualification Cycle.
Kasasa Saver: average daily balances up to and including $25,000 in your Kasasa Saver account earn an APY of 0.75% and average daily balances over $25,000 earn a dividend rate of 0.15% on the portion of the average daily balance over $25,000 resulting in a range from 0.75% to 0.15% APY depending on the account's average daily balance.
You will receive reimbursements up to $2.00 per transaction and up to an aggregate total of $10 for nationwide ATM withdrawal fees incurred within your Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account during that Monthly Qualification Cycle. We reimburse ATM withdrawal fees based on estimates when the withdrawal information we receive does not identify the ATM withdrawal fee. If you have not received an appropriate reimbursement, we will adjust the reimbursement amount if we receive the transaction receipt within sixty (60) calendar days of the withdrawal transaction.
Depending on your Kasasa account, when your qualifications are not met, cash back payments are not made, nationwide ATM withdrawal fees are not reimbursed and:
Kasasa Cash: the entire average daily balance in the Kasasa Cash account earns 0.05% APY.
Kasasa Saver: the entire average daily balance in the Kasasa Saver account earns 0.05% APY.
The cash back payments and nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements earned in your Kasasa Cash Back account will be credited to your Kasasa Saver account on the last day of the current calendar month.
If Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back are linked to Kasasa Saver, the following also apply:
Kasasa Cash: When linked to a Kasasa Saver account, the dividends earned within the Kasasa Cash account do not compound since it, along with any nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements are, automatically transferred to the Kasasa Saver account within one day. This automatic transfer may cause an overdraft to your Kasasa Cash account, if the account balance is less than the transferred amount when the transfer occurs.
Kasasa Cash Back: When linked to a Kasasa Saver account, the cash back payments and nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements earned in your Kasasa Cash Back account will be credited to your Kasasa Saver account on the last day of the current calendar month.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
APYs accurate as of 6/1/2021.
Rates, rewards, and bonuses, if any, are variable and may change after account is opened without notice to you. No minimum balance is required to earn or receive the account's rewards. Rewards less than a penny cannot be distributed. Fees may reduce earnings.
- Membership restrictions may apply.
- Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply.
- $100 minimum deposit is required to open the account.
- No minimum deposit is required to open the account.
- Monthly eStatement is a condition of Kasasa Saver's linked Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account(s).
- Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. online banking, e-statements) and log-ons may be required to meet some of Kasasa Saver's linked Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account's qualifications.
- Limit of 1 account per Social Security Number.
- There are no recurring monthly maintenance charges or fees to open or close this account.
- This account is not to be used for commercial purposes. If the account is closed, you will forfeit any rewards that have not been credited to your account.
- A Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account is required to have a Kasasa Saver account.
- A linked Kasasa Saver account is required for automatic savings.
- Advertised information and rewards are based on all account qualifications being met during each cycle period.
- Contact one of our credit union service representatives for additional information, account details, restrictions, reward calculations, processing limitations, cycle dates and enrollment instructions.
- Federally insured by NCUA
Kasasa, Kasasa Cash, Kasasa Cash Back and Kasasa Saver are trademarks of Kasasa, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A.